I'm Patricia Alonso, LMT, E-RYT200, RYT-500, YACEP
Patricia is the founder and owner of Shakti Yoga Center, which is a beautiful and intimate space where she facilitates small yoga classes for all-levels, all ages, and all body types in a friendly, and non-judgmental environment. She encourages her students to foster a sense of community with like-minded individuals who want to grow in their personal yoga journey and self-transformation of body, mind, and heart.
Patricia is also a licensed Massage Therapist and owner of Shakti Wellness Center, which offers integrated therapies for relaxation, pain management, Ayurvedic care and holistic bodywork.
Patricia has been practicing yoga since 2001 and retired from her career in corporate in 2010. Her love for the practice led her to complete 200HR yoga studies in 2006 with Frog Lotus Yoga, and progressed to 500HR in 2010. Since 2011 she has studied extensively in the Parayoga tradition of Tantra Yoga to further her personal practice and, under the guidance of her first teacher Yogarupa, Rod Stryker she became an initiated of the Tantric Sri Vydia lineage of the Himalayan Masters Living Tradition.
Her studies with Parayoga along with her holistic practice inspired her to pursue a deeper understanding of Yoga Cikitsa. As a result, she enrolled in a 4-year program with Gary Kraftsow and is currently in her journey to become a Viniyoga Therapist.
- Patricia is a E-RYT200 & 500HR Experienced Certified Yoga Teacher. She is currently enrolled in a 1,000hr, 4 year Advanced training of Yoga Therapy with the American Viniyoga Institute
Therapeutic Massage & Holistic bodywork
Patricia has over 3000 hours of combined training in yoga, massage and holistic bodywork therapies including:
500hr Licensure in Therapeutic Massage by Hands on Approach in Dallas, TX
250hrs Advanced Studies for Clinical Massage and Bodywork at The Lauterstein Conway School in Austin, TX:
- Orthopedic massage specialist
- Medical massage
- Meridian massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Prenatal massage
- Zero balancing
- 40hrs in Pre-natal and Post-natal massage certification
- 24hrs Shoshin Shiatsu with Randy Cummins
- KT1 & KT2 by Kinesio-University
- Tuning forks certification with Claude Grimmes (RIP)
- Certified in Contemporary Cupping Methods by IACT
- Fire glass cupping ~ Russian massage
- Flash glass cupping ~ Greek method
- Cellulite treatment
- Sports & Orthopedic cupping
- Bio-magnetic cupping therapy
- Facial Rejuvenation cupping
- Certified Reiki Master by in Audrey Pearson in the lineage of Hiroshi Doi Sensei